An international network of researchers into all aspects of role-playing games
David Millians, Editor
Paideia School, 1509 Ponce de Leon Avenue, Atlanta, Georgia 30307 USA
Letter from the Chair
There was a time when we didn’t have a controversy about role-playing games every month, but as the game continues to evolve and expand new topics relevant to the CAR-PGA arise. I thought it’d be helpful to point out the latest:
I tried to explain on EN World that x-cards and consent in gaming have all arisen out of an increasingly diverse player base who may not have the same experiences (and thus, new traumas) of earlier gamers. Empathy is a first step to understanding the need for these kinds of tools. Thanks to the Internet, more players than ever before are meeting each other through gaming before becoming friends first. Recognition of all these factors begins with “bleed,” the idea that role-playing games can affect your real life and vice versa.
As our senior game designers get older, the shaky system that supports them is becoming strained. Many of our gaming luminaries barely make enough money to live on and when medical expenses crop-up they’re increasingly turning to online crowdfunding to make ends meet. For a recent example, Rick Loomis’ family needed a Gofundme just to manage his funeral expenses. And Jim Ward (who co-authored Deities and Demigods, Pool of Radiance, Greyhawk Adventures, and is the creator of Gamma World) needs in excess of $100,000 to cover his medical bills.
I see these two topics as related. If we’re so unwilling to consider changing how we play or the possibility of accommodating someone with a different experience from our own, then it’s going to be a pretty big leap to ask for anyone to pay our medical bills. This is a shared problem — for all of us in the game industry, the ability to “pay the bills” determines how much time and energy we devote to it — and the larger the audience, the large the industry’s ability to support our endeavors.
I hope the CAR-PGA can continue to reinforce the value of diversity, empathy, and collaboration as fundamental aspects of what makes the gaming community great…so that in the future we will have to rely less on the charity of others to pay for basic needs. As Thanksgiving looms large this November in the United States, I’m thankful the CAR-PGA and our supportive community exists.
Thank you for everything you do!
Convention Report: Library Mini-con 2019
By Ted Skirvin
This event took place on July 20th from 10 am to 4 pm. The con was at a local facility that is part public library and part arts and culture facility in Marietta, Georgia. There was a vendor area that had about eight vendors. There was a room set aside for tabletop RPGs. They were running D&D but nothing else. There were about fifteen people playing three different games. There was a table in the main library area with a small collection of board games, but I never saw anyone playing a game. There were various discussion panels, crafting demos and trivia contests. There was also a puppet show.
Since it was a free event it was certainly worth attending. I bought a dice vault from one of the vendors. My wife and I entered one of the trivia contests and won an Incredible Hulk bobble-head figure.
FROM DAVID MILLIANS
- Andrejev, Alex (2019 Oct 21) Her son is a proGamer. Here’s how she came to understand the world of esports. https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/esports/2019/10/21/her-son-is-pro-gamer-heres-how-she-came-understand-world-esports/. Observing your child’s activities is important, and games tend to have positive effects, if any.
- Andrew at Tabletop Wire (2019 Oct 3) GAMA Will Debut Rick Loomis Service Award at GAMA Trade Show. https://tabletopwire.com/gama-will-debut-rick-loomis-service-award-at-gama-trade-show. New award announcement from the Game Manufacturers Association.
- Dunwoody, Charles (2019 Oct 3) Wendy’s Present: Feast of Legends (a Late Night Review). https://www.enworld.org/threads/wendy’s-presents-feast-of-legends-a-late-night-review.667780/. Positive read of Wendy’s fast food-based role playing game.
- Editor (2019 Oct 11) Exploding Kittens Takes $30M Investment for Growth, New Games. https://tabletopwire.com/exploding-kittens-takes-30m-investment-for-growth-new-games. Success brings investment.
- Editor (2019 Oct 31) Immersive Live-Action Monopoly Experience to Open in London in 2020. https://tabletopwire.com/immersive-live-action-monopoly-experience-to-open-in-london-in-2020. Hasbro planning board game translation for London debut.
- Embry, Egg (2019 Fall) Around the Kids’ Table. Around the Table, pages 44-46. Games and gaming for the next generation.
- Grace, Lindsay (2019 Oct 9) Games Blamed for Moral Decline and Addiction Throughout History. https://www.snopes.com/news/2019/10/09/games-blamed-for-moral-decline-and-addiction-throughout-history/. The long view.
- Griepp, Milton (2019 Oct 22) Tariffs Hit Hasbro Sales, Earnings. https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/44336/tariffs-hit-hasbro-sales-earnings. Magic the Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons are bright spots, and worse is expected with more tariffs looming.
- Headley, Celeste and Masud Olufani (2019 ) Could Dungeons and Dragons Help Fight Screen Addiction?. https://www.pbs.org/video/retro-report-on-pbs-season-1-episode-2-could-dungeons-and-dragons-help-fight-screen-addiction/. “It’s a great thing to dream.”
- Hodes, James Mendez (2019 Sep 1) Best Practices for Religious Representation, Part I: Check for Traps. https://jamesmendezhodes.com/blog/2019/9/1/best-practices-for-religious-representation-part-i-check-for-traps. Assumptions, stereotypes, and questioning.
- Lloyd, Martin (2019 Oct 21) Five ways to make your child’s first game amazing. https://amazing-tales.net/2019/10/21/five-ways-to-make-your-childs-first-role-playing-game-amazing-2. Tips from the author of Amazing Tales rpg.
- Lloyd, Martin (2019 Oct 23) The therapeutic value of RPGs. https://amazing-tales.net/2019/10/23/the-therapeutic-value-of-rpgs/. Resources and links, from addition to psychology.
- McAndrew, Francis T. (2019) The Psychology, Geography, and Architecture of Horror: How Places Creep Us Out. https://esiculture.com/the-psychology-geography-and-architecture-of-horror. Creepy environments and the human brain.
- Morrissey, Russ (2019 Oct 1) When Random House Sued TSR for $9.5M. https://www.enworld.org/threads/when-random-house-sued-tsr-for-9-5m.667729. A win-win contract that led to rancor and bankruptcy.
- Morrisssey, Russ (2019 Oct 6) Fantasy Grounds Top RPGs (Last 12 Months). https://www.enworld.org/threads/fantasy-grounds-top-rpgs-last-12-months.667823. D&D 5E continues to dominate.
- Morrissey, Russ (2019 Oct 22) Around the Table is GAMA’s New Tabletop Professional Magazine. https://www.enworld.org/threads/around-the-table-is-gamas-new-tabletop-professional-magazine.668129. New publication from industry group.
- Peregrine, Andrew (2019 Sep 19) Carnival Row and the Changing Face of Licensing. https://www.enworld.org/threads/carnival-row-and-the-changing-face-of-licensing.667492. New interactions of play, business, advertising, and the hobby.
- Riggs, Ben (2019 Oct 10) TSR’s Christmas Layoffs. http://plotpoints.libsyn.com/tsrs-christmas-layoffs-ep-163. Discussion of increasing crisis at TSR in 1996.
- Tauriq (2019 Oct 28) The New Weird and racist structures. https://ineeddiversegames.org/2019/10/28/the-new-weird-and-racist-structures/. Parallels between new horror literature/games and dominant cultures’ relationships with the dominated.
- Townsend, Matthew (2019 Oct 22) Hasbro Tumbles as Tariff-Spooked Retailers Cancel China Orders. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-22/hasbro-earnings-miss-estimates-as-tariffs-cut-into-toy-sales. Company caught in tariff-plagued production system.
- Tweet, Jonathan (2019 Oct 2) Legacy of Ars Magica. https://www.enworld.org/threads/jonathan-tweet-legacy-of-ars-magica.667091/. The development and impact of the game on its designers, game design, and the hobby.
- Tweet, Jonathan (2019 Oct 16) Streamlining Third Edition. https://www.enworld.org/threads/jonathan-tweet-streamlining-third-edition.667268. Reforming a classic.
- Ward, James (2019 Oct 7) SSI, Dungeons & Dragons and the Computer Industry. https://www.enworld.org/threads/jim-ward-ssi-dungeons-dragons-and-the-computer-industry.666874. The rise and fall of TSR’s licensed video games.
- Ward, James (2019 Oct 28) Demons & Devils, NOT!. https://www.enworld.org/threads/jim-ward-demons-devils-not.666876/. Fear and loathing at conventions and the response in D&D 2E.
- Wieland, Rob (2019 Oct 1) Can Small Businesses Navigate Tabletop Industry Turbulence?. https://www.forbes.com/sites/robwieland/2019/10/01/can-small-businesses-navigate-tabletop-industry-turbulence/#60122c712d95. Shipping, tariffs, and Kickstarter.
- Wieland, Rob (2019 Oct 8) Use Big Government To Fight Horrible Monsters With Delta Green. https://www.forbes.com/sites/robwieland/2019/10/08/use-big-government-to-fight-horrible-monsters-with-delta-green/amp/. Spooky game makes Forbes magazing.
FROM MIKE TRESCA
- Tresca, Mike (2019 Sep 27) RPGs have a Health Problem. https://www.enworld.org/threads/rpgs-have-a-health-problem.667660. Making a living and staying healthy as a game designer.
New listings this month were provided by Paul Cardwell and Lou Zocchi. Others are urged to submit information. If you attend a convention, be sure and check the conventions table and let us have a copy of the fliers (or at very least the when, what, where, and contact information) for upcoming conventions available there. CAR-PGa is international, so this includes anywhere in the world.
Dates, precise venue, contacts’ URLs or phone numbers, and other information, where missing from this list, would be particularly appreciated. If we have missed any, send the information to email@example.com Convention reviews should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
“[LARP]” means only LARP events as many RPG cons include at least some LARP, as likewise applies to the mention of specific game systems. The same bracketed information applies as well to game systems when the con will have only those games present.
In an attempt to get more face-to-face meetings of the membership, we list who will be going to what convention, if they will tell us. Get this type of information in at least two months before the convention itself, so we can run it at least once. Support your local cons by helping in the staff. It is a good way to promote RPG and you generally get in free for the brief time spent helping.
A review of any attended convention afterwards for the Newsletter would be appreciated too. These reviews should include demographic data such as attendance, percentage male/female, white/ethnic minorities (or whatever is the majority/white/others), games in addition to tabletop RPG, and more subjective matters such as unusual events, quality of games and dealers’ room, encouragement of new gamers, and whatever seems worth reporting. We need to work to restore CAR-PGa’s reputation as the media’s go-to on gamer demographics, especially since the media are still citing a study that cut off all those over 35 – at a time when that was the median age of gamers – it is closer to 40 now – which indicates we also need to work on recruiting younger players, although some increase in college age players at conventions has been noted.
- 1-2: Carnage, Killington Grand Resort, Killington, VT; https://carnagecon.com/
- 1-3: ICON, Cedar Rapids Marriott, Cedar Rapids, IA; https://iowa-icon.com/
- 2-3: Confuzion, 1000 Gattmann Park Dr, Mussel Shoals, AL; https://confuzion.net/
- 6-10: Euroquest, Doubletree Pikesville, 1726 Reisterstown Rd, Pikesville, MD; https://www.euroquestcon.com/
- 7-10: Metatopia, Morristown Hyatt, Morristown, NJ; https://www.dexposure.com/m2019.html [game design]
- 8-9: Wizard World Comic Con Austin, Austin Convention Center, 500 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX; https://wizardworld.com/
- 8-10: ArcadeCon, Dayton Convention Center, 22 E 5th St, Dayton, OH; https://acadecon.com/
- 8-10: Cork RPG Con, Imperial Hotel, Cork; https://corkrpgcon.com/
- 8-10: Gamer Comic Expo, Broward County Convention Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL; https://www.gamercomicexpo.com/
- 8-10: GrandCon, DeVos Place, Grand Rapids, MI; https://www.grcomiccon.com/
- 8-10: Mace, Hilton Charlotte University Place, Charlotte, NC; https://www.justusproductions.com/
- 8-10: Mepacon, Mount Laurel Resort, 81 Treetops Cir, White Haven, PA; https://www.mepacon.com/
- 8-10: Orycon, Red Lion, Jantzen Beach, Portland, OR; https://orycon.org/41/
- 8-10: Philcon Crowne Plaza, 2349 W Maurlton Pike, Cherry Hill, NJ; https://philcon.org/
- 8-10: Wizard World Comic Con Austin, Austin Convention Center, Austin, TX; https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/austin
- 9: Grogmeet, FanBoy 3, 23 Hilton St, Manchester; https://thegrognardfiles.com/grogmeet-2019/
- 9-10: Spellenspektakel, Beursgfebouw, Eindhoven; https://spellenspektakel.nl/
- 14-17: G-Star, EXCO, Busan, KR; https://www.gstar.or.kr/eng/
- 14-17: Midwest GameFest, Stoney Creek Conference Center, Kansas City, MO; https://www.midwestgamefest.org/
- 15-17: AetherCon Online RPG Convention, online; https://aethercon.com/
- 15-17: ComicConway, Faulkner County Library, 900 Tyler St, Conway, AR; https://www.comiconway.com/
- 15-17: Conjuration, Hilton Atlanta Airport, Atlanta, GA; https://www.conjurationcon.com/
- 15-17: Contraflow, New Orleans Airport Hilton, Kenner, LA; http://contraflowscifi.org/
- 15-17: Karlsruher SpieleTage, NCO-Club, Delawarestraße 21, Karlsruher; https://neuehp.thoule.de/
- 15-17: Konsplosion, Fort Smith Convention Center, 55 S 7th, Fort Smith, AK; http://konsplosion.com/konsplosionwp/
- 15-17: Kumoricon, Oregon Convention Center, Portland, OR; https://www.kumoricon.org/
- 15-17: Memphis Comic & Fantasy Convention, Memphis Marriott East, 5795 Poplar Ave, East Memphis, TN; https://memphiscfc.com/
- 15-17: SNAFUCon, Grand Sierra Resort, 2500 2nd St, Reno, NV; https://snafucon.com/
- 15-19: Windy Con, Westin Yorktown Center, Lombard, IL; http://windycon.org/
- 16: Glasgow Games Festival, Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchichall St, Glasgow; http://www.glasgowgamesfestival.com/
- 16-17: Dreieich Con, Bürgerhaus, Dreieich-Sperndingen, Fichtestr. 50, Dreieich, Germany; https://dreieichcon.de/
- 16-17: MIGS, Palais des Congrès de Montréal, 1001 lace Jean-Pal Riopelle, Montréal, QC; https://megamigs.com/en/
- 16-18: Encuentro Nacional de Juegos de Mesa, Bahía Blanca, Buenos Aires; https://www.enjm.com.ar/
- 21-24: Chicago Toy and Game Fair, Navy Pier, Hall A, Chicago, IL; https://www.chitag.com/
- 21-24: Mythic Consequences, Naish Holiday Village, Christchurch, Dorset; https://ishtari.co.uk/
- 22-24: ConQuest Avalon, McClellan Conference Center, Sacramento, CA; http://conquestavalon.com/
- 22-24: Daisho Con, Kalahari Resorts, Wisconsin Dells, WI; http://www.daishocon.org/
- 22-24: Stuffed COWS, College of Du Page Student Resource Center, 425 Fawell Blvd, Glen Ellyn, IL; http://coldironchicago.roseocon.net/
- 22-24: U-Con, Marriott Ann Arbor at Eagle Crest, 1275 S Huron St, Ypsilanti, MI; https://www.ucon-gaming.org/
- 23: SW-Florida Con, Crowne Plaza, Fort Myers, FL; https://www.swfloridacomiccon.com/SW-Florida_Comic-Con/Welcome.html
- 23-24: Darmstadt Spielt, Wissenschafts-und Kongresszentrum darmstadtium, Darmstadt; https://www.darmstadt-spielt.de/
- 29-December 1: LosCon, LAX Marriott, 3855 W. Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA; https://loscon.org/46/
- 29-December 1: Northeast Comic Con, Regency Hotel, Boxboro, MA; https://necomiccons.com/
- 30: Dragonmeet, Novotel London West, Hammersmith, London; https://www.dragonmeet.co.uk/
- 31-December 1: Beacon5, Accidental Theatre, Shaftesbury Square, Belfast; https://ttnbeacon.wordpress.com/
- 1: Gengis Con Cleveland, Lake Erie Bldg, 13000 Athens, Lakewood, OH; http://www.genghisconcleveland.com/
- 6: Anonycon, Sheraton Hotel, 700 E. Main St, Stanford, CT; http://anonycon.com/
- 6-8: PAX Unplugged, Pennsylvania Convention Center, 1101 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA; https://unplugged.paxsite.com/
- 6-8: Yamacon, LeConte Center, Pigeon Forge, TN; https://www.yamacon.org/
- 7-8: HobbyCon, ITCC Penampang, Malaysia; https://www.hobbycon.my/
- 7-8: Merrycon, University of Canterbury, Christchurch; http://saga.org.nz/
- 7-8: Oddmall Chrishanukwanzmadan, Cultural Center for the Arts, Canton, OH; https://www.oddmall.info/chrishanukwanzmadan/ [free admission]
- 7-9: MacquarieCon, Macquarie University, North Ryde Campus, Sydney, NSW; https://www.macquariecon.net/
- 13-15: Holiday Matsuri, Marriott World Center, Orlando, FL; http://holidaymatsuri.com/
- 14-15: Sono Con, Garrett Coliseum, Montgomery, AL; http://www.sonocon.org/
- 21-22: Comic Fiesta; Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; https://www.comicfiesta.org/
- 2-5: Magfest, Gaylord National Hotel, National Harbor, MD; https://super.magfest.org/
- 3-5: Sac Anime Winter, Sacramento Convention Center, Sacramento, CA; http://www.sacanime.com/
- 9-12: Anime Los Angeles, Ontario Convention Center, 2000 E Convention, Ontario, CA; https://animelosangeles.org/
- 10-12: AniMore, Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD; https://animorecon.com/
- 10-12: Evercon, Central Wisconsin Convention Center, 10101 Market St, Rothchild, WI; https://tabletop.events/conventions/evercon-2020
- 10-12: Midwinter Gaming Convention, Hilton City Center, 509 W. Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI; https://tabletop.events/conventions/midwinter-gaming-convention-2020
- 10-12: Ohayocon, Hyatt Regency Columbus, Columbus, OH; https://ohayocon.org/
- 10-12: OrcaCon, Hilton Bellevue, Bellevue, WA; http://www.orcacon.org/
- 10-12: Morpheus, städtischen Sielezentrum Pluto, Wilhelmstr. 89a, Herne; https://www.herner-burg.de/morpheus/
- 11-12: Congress of Gamers, Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Dr, Rockville, MD; http://emsps.com/cog/
- 11-12: UniCon, Aleksandxra Caka lela 58l Latgales priekspilseta, Riga, Latvia; https://www.unicon.lv/
- 12: Crow Con, Crows Nest Community Centre, 2 Ernest Place, Crows Nest, NSW; http://crow-con.strongfort.com.au/ [D&D]
- 17-19: Albuquerque Comic Con, Albuquerque Convention Center, Albuquerque, NM; https://albuquerquecomiccon.com/
- 17-19: MarsCon, MarsCon, Ft. Doubletree Hotel, 50 Kingsmill Rd, Williamsburg, VA; http://www.marscon.net/wp/
- 17-19: PAX South, Gonzolez Convention Center, 200 E. Market St, San Antonio, TX; https://south.paxsite.com/
- 17-19: Polar Vortex, Sheraton Lisle Naperville, 3000 Warrenville Rd, Lisle, IL; https://polarvortex.games/
- 17-20: Arisia, Westin Waterfront Hotel, 428 Summer St, Boston, MA; https://arisia.org/
- 17-20: BryceCon, Ruby’s Inn, 26 S. Main, Bryce Canyon City, UT; https://www.brycecon.com/
- 17-20: HexaCon, Radisson Hot el Denver, 3155 S Vaughn Way, Aurora, CO; https://www.hexacondenver.org/
- 17-20: Scarab, Medallion Convention Center, 7309 Garners Ferry Rd, Columbia, SC; http://s-c-a-r-a-b.com/
- 18-19: Arcanacon, Melbourne Convention Centre, Melbourne, Vic; https://www.arcanacon.org/
- 18-19: Kapcon, Wellington High School, 249 Taranaki St, Mount Cook, NZ; http://kapcon.org.nz/
- 18-19: SnowCon, Cross Insurance Center, Bangor, ME; http://snowconmaine.com/main/
- 18-20: Gamers of Winter, Paxtonio Fire Station, 125 S Johnson St, Harrisburg, PA; http://gamersofwinter.net/
- 22-26: ConTingency, Searles Leisure Resort, Hunstanton, Norf; http://www.con-tingency.uk/
- 23-26: Bastion, YHA Conwy, Conwy, N Wales; https://www.bastionwales.com/
- 23-26: Whose Turn is it Anyway?, Durham Convention Center, Durham, NC; https://whoseturn.org/
- 24-26: Chattacon, Doubletree, 407 Chestnut St, Chattanooga, TN; http://chattacon.org/
- 24-26: Platypus con, Centennial Hall, Juneau, AK; http://www.platypusgaming.org/
- 24-26: Rocket City Gamefest, Holiday Inn, 5903 University Dr, Huntsville, AL; https://www.rocketcitygamefest.com/
- 24-26: Vermincon, University of South Dakota, 414 E Clark St, Vermillon, SD; https://vermincon.wordpress.com/
- 24-26: WarpCon, University College, Cork, Ireland; https://warpcon.co/
- 24-26: Winter War, IHG Champaign Suites, 101 Trade Centre Dr., Champaign, IL; https://winterwar.org/
- 25-26: GenghisCon Perth, Air Force Memorial Estate, 2 Bull Creek Dr, Bull Creek, WA; https://genghiscon.org/
- 25-26: Pow! Con, Brooklyn Expo Center, Brooklyn, NY; https://www.powcomiccon.com/
- 25-27: Cancon, Exhibition Park. Flemington Rd, Mitchell, ACT; https://cgs.asn.au/cancon/
- 29-February 2: Spielwarenmesse, Münchener Str 33, Nüenvweeg; https://www.spielwarenmesse.de/language/1/ [trade show]
- 31-February 2: Kami-Con, BJCC, Birmingham, AL; https://www.kamicon.net/
- 31-February 2: Seishun-Con, Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Atlanta, GA; http://seishun-con.com/
- 5-9: Winter Fantasy, Courtyard Marriott, Fort Wayne, IN; http://wintfan.baldmangames.com/
- 7-9: Captain Con, Crowne Plaza, 801 Greenwich Ave, Warwick, RI; http://captaincon.com/wp/
- 7-9: Running GAGG, College Union, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY; https://www.geneseo.edu/gagg/runninggagg
- 13-16: Capricon, Westin Chicago North Shore, 601 N. Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL; http://capricon.org/
- 13-16: GenghisCon Denver, Hyatt Regency, 13200 E 14th Pl, Aurora, CO; http://genghisconcolorado.com/
- 14-16: Anachrocon, Hilton Airport Atlanta, 1031 Virginia Ave, Atlanta, GA; http://www.anachrocon.org/ [alternate history]
- 14-16: Bashcon, University of Toledo Student Union, 2801 W. Bancroft, Toledo, OH; http://ut-bash.com/
- 14-16: Boskone, Westin Boston Waterfront, 425 Summer St, Boston, MA; https://www.boskone.org/
- 14-16: Con of the North, Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, Minneapolis, MN; http://conofthenorth.org/
- 14-16: RadCon, Red Lion, 2525 N 20th Ave, Pasco, WA; http://radcon.org/
- 14-17: DunDraCon, San Ramon Marriott, San Ramon, CA; http://dundracon.com/
- 14-17: OrcCon, Hilton Los Angeles Airport, 5711 W. Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA; http://strategicon.net/
- 20-23: Total Confusion, Best Western Royal Plaza, Marlborough, MA; http://totalcon.com/
- 21-23: Farpoint, Delta Hotel, Hunnt Valley, MD; http://www.farpointcon.com/
- 21-23: Festival des Jeux, Palais de Festivals, Cannes; http://www.festivaldesjeux-cannes.com/fr/
- 21-23: Fire and Ice Convention, Manitowoc County Expo Center, 4921 Expo Dr, Manitowoc, WI; https://fireandiceconvention.com/
- 21-24: ConNooga, Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza, Chattanooga, TN; http://www.connooga.com/
- 22-23: Revelation, Garrison Hotel, 635 Penistone Rd, Sheffield, S.Yorks; http://revelationgames.org.uk/
- 22-25: New York Toy Fair, Jacob Javits Convention Center, New York, NY; http://www.toyfairny.com/
- 24-26: Wizard World Comic Con Portland, Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE MLK Blvd, Portland, OR; https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/portland
- 24-March 1: PrezCon, Doubletree Hotel, 990 Hilton Heights Rd, Charlottesville, VA; http://prezcon.com/
- 27-March 1: Hoop and Stick Con, Ravenwood Castle, 65666 Bethel Rd, New Plymouth, OH; https://www.ravenwoodcastle.com/hoopandstick
- 28-March 1: Gamicon, Cedar Rapids Marriott, 1200 Collins Rd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA; https://tabletop.events/conventions/gamicon-copper
- 28-March 1: Midgard West Con, Jugendherberge, Burg Blankenheim; http://www.midgard-westcon.de/
- 28-March 1: Mysticon, Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood, 4468 Starkey Rd, Roanoke, VA; https://mysticon-va.com/
- 28-March 1: OwlCon, Rice Memorial Center, 6100 Main S, Rice University, Houston, TX; http://owlcon.com/
- 28-March 1: Pensacon, Pensacola Bay Center, 201 E Gregory St, Pensacola, FL; http://pensacon.com/
- 29-March 1: Concord, Holiday Inn Bristol Centre, Bond St S, Bristol; https://concordgamingconvention.com/
© Copyright 2019 by the Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games (CAR-PGa), ISSN 1071 7129. The CAR-PGa Newsletter is a monthly publication. For more information contact David Millians, Editor, Paideia School, 1509 Ponce de Leon Avenue, Atlanta, Georgia 30307 USA, phone (404) 808-1070, fax (404) 377-3491, e-mail email@example.com. Back issues are available. Contributions of material from the membership are urged, and the byline is responsible for content. Deadline is the last weekday of the month, email preferred. Permission is granted to copy anything in the Newsletter, provided we get a credit line in the publication copying it, and it doesn’t have someone else’s copyright on it. Information, including details on joining CAR-PGa, can be obtained on the Internet at car-pga.org.